Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Here!! Day 1

Oh my gosh...where do I start? So much has already happened today that there is a million things that I could write about. The flight across the pond was better than expected, not full so there was plenty of room to lay down to try to sleep...which I think that I did but I'm not sure for how long. Once landing there was a bit of a hold up with the shuttle to take me to housing, needless to say I talked to people I never met, figured out how to use a British pay phone and made the calls to get me on the shuttle. I met a bunch of other students from other programs that are studying at London Met and we all have an orientation tomorrow afternoon. Once I checked into housing and got to my room I started setting up and realized that packing the most random things are most often the most amazing things you packed, like my iron (yes for my clothes). Then my roommate came, Lauren, who sat in front of me on the shuttle so I at least knew her face which was nice. We proceeded to unpack and set up our new home. Pictures will come soon I just don't feel like doing them right now. After we set up a little, a couple of us ventured out to the grocery store to buy some much needed food. What did I get you ask? Well I got bread for my peanut butter, clementines, a bottle of water and a bag of chips, which should last me a while. Then I took a nap because I was so tired! We had our first GSE (the group I'm with) meeting tonight where we got our phones!!!!! I no longer feel trapped because now I can text my new friends instead of maybe happening to run into them. We ate dinner at a restaurant down the street and got to know everyone a little bit better. Tomorrow we have our first LMU (the school I'm at) registration and orientation where I will hopefully get all my first choice classes. But before that myself, Sarah, Rachel and maybe some of the other group members are headed to Camden Market to get some much needed hangers, pillows and maybe a blanket, the bed stuff that was provided for us is not up to my typical standard so I am going to fix that! Then we are going to go out for a night on the town tomorrow night after registration! I am so happy that I am here and that I am meeting all these new people and having these amazing experiences. I can't wait to share them all with you so stay tuned to my blog for many and more future updates!!! -Meghan 

No comments:

Post a Comment